Q: What is the Middle Tennessee Baseball Association?
A: The MTBA was founded by Crieve Hall Baseball, Franklin Baseball Club and Grassland Athletic Association. We are an independent youth baseball association that is dedicated to promoting the development of baseball players of all skill levels: recreational, competitive, tournament and travel.
Q: How does MTBA classify A, AA or AAA teams?
A: The MTBA considers:
- A teams to be your average, mostly drafted, recreational baseball teams.
- AA teams to be more competitive, bring your own teams.
- AAA teams to be bring your own teams that primarily play open league games and weekend tournaments.
Q: What rules does the MTBA play by?
A: The MTBA plays by rules that are similar to USSSA and BPA except in the 9U and 10U A and AA divisions.
- 5U & 6U: 50-ft bases, coach pitch
- 7U & 8U: 60-ft bases, coach pitch
- 9U & 10U: A and AA 60-ft bases and 46-ft pitching rubber with no lead offs; AAA 65-ft bases and 46-ft pitching rubber with lead offs
- 11U & 12U: 70ft bases and 50ft pitching rubber
Q: How would my organization become a member of the MTBA?
A: For more information on becoming a member of the MTBA, please contact Zach Evans at email@example.com.